The Dutch mobile operator market is slimming down again — some time ago we had KPN acquiring Telfort — and now, with the acquisition of Orange by, people in Netherlands have only 3 networks to choose from.
Apparently, Orange NL has been on the shelf of the Orange group for some time already as the operator that entered the market under the name of Dutchtone, never made any profits.
As for the numbers, Germans will pay hefty 1.3 billion EUR to the French carrier and will also kill the brand, as well as jobs across the country. At the moment, Orange holds 12% of the market and has a total of 2 million subscribers. By adding Orange’s piece to its existing share of 15%, T-Mobile will control almost the third (27%) of the overall mobile phone market in Netherlands, and will have a total of 4.6 million subscribers…
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon