Cellphone blamed for Ghana man’s death

Ghana man killed by cellphoneThis isn’t just another exploding cellphone story. We’re used to hearing stories of exploding batteries and mobile phones going up in flames, but this is the first time we’ve heard of a mobile phone electrocuting its user.

The Modern Ghana reports that a man was recently killed when his mobile phone sent a jolt of electricity through his body. Apparently, the man answered his cellphone as it was plugged in to the wall, charging.

“A few days ago, a person was recharging his cell phone at home. Just at that time a call Came in and he answered it with the instrument still connected to the outlet. After a few seconds electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained and the young man was thrown to the ground with a heavy thud.

His parents rushed to the room only to find him unconscious, with a weak heartbeat and burnt fingers. He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.”

So, the next time your phone rings while it’s charging, think about unplugging it from the wall first. Especially if you live in Ghana.

[Via: textually]

  • Myh Buster

    Sorry, but this is just the latest incarnation of an internet myth. Most of the verbiage is the same as a myth that supposedly happened a “few days ago” in Pittsburg, which never happened and can be traced to an unconfirmed story back in 2003/2004 from India.

  • tiare

    :shock: la mea vola xD
    lo poko qe entnendi es qe se murio por su celular qe se estaba cargando se electrocuto? :shock:

    ooo que increible xD

  • tiare

    cuak u.u

Back to top ▴