Another 3GSM — now Mobile World Congress — is behind us and we have some numbers to report.
- In total, more than 55,000 visitors — including delegates, exhibitors, contractors and media — attended the event, making this year’s event the largest yet.
- More than 230 chief executives and other high-level speakers from across the world attended the show.
- More than 43% of conference attendees hold C-level positions within their organisations.
- 2,700 international print, Web and broadcast media covered the show
- 1,300 companies exhibited their offering across 1,500 stands with approximately 29,000 square metres of exhibition space and 30,000 of square metres of hospitality space
Commenting on the numbers, CEO of the GSMA’s conference division John Hoffman said, “The record attendance figures at this year’s Congress reflect both the extraordinary and compelling conference programme, which covered a broad range of topics from Long-Term Evolution to made-for-mobile short films to the environment, and the high quality of the exhibition.”