Shape Services has released an updated version (1.6) of its GPS-based real-time trip-tracking service/app – GPSed. Here’s what’s new:
- Support for iPhone 3GS’ built-in compass
- Ability to select any waypoint in recorded tracks – the application will show you the direction and distance to it.
- Altitude profile added
- Ability to select measurement units
- Ability to copy pictures to iPhone “Saved Photos” album
- Ability to preview finished tracks on a map
- New help button which could be used when the position is not fixed to find the details.
In addition, GPSed 1.6 packs some bug fixes and small improvements. Finally, Shape Services suggests using the application when traveling, for hiking, biking, running, walking, surfing or just for fun.