Palm has made a new firmware available for the Pre, in a move that’s obviously designed to coincide with the Pixi release. The update packs tons of minor fixes that further improve the user experience. Here’s what’s changed:
- Yahoo! synchronization is added
- Message forwarding
- A new option for restarting the phone: press and hold power > Power > Restart.
- Video clips (including YouTube) now display in widescreen mode by default.
- Embedded YouTube video on a web page can be opened with a dedicated app, just like on the iPhone.
- Ability to select a ringtone for new message alerts.
- Ability to go forward or backward in the song using a playback slider (again, just like on the iPhone).
Unfortunately this update doesn’t bring back the iTunes compatibility. Guess that needed to end at some point…
[Via: Engadget Mobile]