iPhone users may be familiar with Cooliris, an application that allows fancy view of photos, videos, news, search results and Twitter feeds. That same (actually customized version) application is now available for Android as Gallery in the Nexus One, hence the experience is way much better — when compared to Android’s original Gallery app.
Features of the new Gallery app include:
- Mentioned UI which has been improved, making browsing, organizing, sharing and editing media easier.
- Performance improvements – Cooliris’ app scans quickly through thumbnails of media and loads the high-res versions on selection.
- Picasa connection – two-way syncing with your albums.
- Sharing of individual photos or entire albums via email, MMS, Picasa, or Bluetooth.
- Integration with other apps that leverage rich media.
In the same press release, Cooliris announced its move to join the Open Handset Alliance and effectively make the new Gallery app available to the other member companies, as well. Cool!