Folks residing in the US can now get their hands on the official Kindle App for BlackBerry. Of course, the app is free and it provides a nice feature set for the first go ’round:
- Search and browse more than 400,000 books, including 101 of 112 New York Times Best Sellers.
- Find New York Times Best Sellers and new releases for $9.99, unless marked otherwise
- Get free book samples – read the first chapter for free before you decide to buy
- Books you purchase can also be read on a Kindle, computer, or other Kindle-compatible mobile device
- Kindle newspapers, magazines, and blogs are not currently available for Kindle for BlackBerry
Features said to be coming to the app real soon include:
- Scrolling – In addition to page-by-page navigation, you will be able to scroll text line-by-line.
- Create Notes and Highlights – Along with viewing the notes and highlights you created on other Kindle devices, you will be able to create and edit notes and highlights.
- Search – You will be able to search within your book.
Kindle for BlackBerry is compatible with the Bold 9000 and 9700, Curve 8520 and 8900, the Storm 9530 and 9550, and the Tour 9630. The image above (courtesy @atmasphere) shows off the Kindle App in action on a Bold 9700. You can download the Kindle App for BlackBerry OTA at http://amazon.com/kindlebb, or head on over to The Amazon Kindle for BlackBerry Website for all the details.