Sony Ericsson has released the first software update for its flagship Windows Mobile smartphone – Xperia X2. By now, the new firmware (MR1) should be available in most markets, though some countries may have to wait for an additional day or two.
Here’s what’s changed:
- MR1 is built on a new core platform release from Microsoft including a newer version of IE6.
- Stability improvements are everywhere – SlideView, Panel manager and TileWave included.
- Performance improvements focused on rotation and touch performance, the camera, web browsing, the software keyboard and audio streaming.
- New features added include FM radio, Video calling, auto-lock and much faster GPS fix.
- SlideView 2.0 – comes with a fresh design that offers better usability, as well as new/reply/delete/edit capabilities in messaging and calendar. Moreover, music scrolling/searching and the mini-player have also been enhanced.
- The new dialer – comes with four buttons that give easy access to the dial-pad, favorites, call activity and contacts. Moreover, the target hit area in contacts has been increased for finger friendliness.
In a nutshell, it’s a must-install update! Download the Sony Ericsson Update Service client and follow instructions provided on the screen. It’s that easy.
[Via: Sony Ericsson Blog]