Sony Ericsson has released the first software update for its flagship Windows Mobile smartphone –. By now, the new firmware (MR1) should be available in most markets, though some countries may have to wait for an additional day or two.
Here’s what’s changed:
- MR1 is built on a new core platform release from Microsoft including a newer version of IE6.
- Stability improvements are everywhere – SlideView, Panel manager and TileWave included.
- Performance improvements focused on rotation and touch performance, the camera, web browsing, the software keyboard and audio streaming.
- New features added include FM radio, Video calling, auto-lock and much faster GPS fix.
- SlideView 2.0 – comes with a fresh design that offers better usability, as well as new/reply/delete/edit capabilities in messaging and calendar. Moreover, music scrolling/searching and the mini-player have also been enhanced.
- The new dialer – comes with four buttons that give easy access to the dial-pad, favorites, call activity and contacts. Moreover, the target hit area in contacts has been increased for finger friendliness.
In a nutshell, it’s a must-install update! Download the Sony Ericsson Update Service client and follow instructions provided on the screen. It’s that easy.
[Via: Sony Ericsson Blog]
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon