Provider of VoIP software solutions CounterPath is shooting for the Android smartphone users with the release of its Bria app for Google’s mobile platform. Actually, the application — which BTW is already available for the iPhone — will be commercially available at the end of October, so it’s not like you can download it right away. On the other hand, I’m not sure everyone needs Bria running on its phone – CounterPath pitches it as a highly-secure enterprise-grade VoIP application — in other words, it’s mostly for business users.
Here are the key features of Bria:
- Multi-tasking support for background operation
- Automatic codec selection for optimal call quality
- Deskphone-class options such as rejecting, holding, forwarding, merging and splitting calls
- A detailed call history pane
- Advanced security settings, including audio encryption
- NAT traversal to balance security and ease-of-use
- The ability to work with the native dialer
- Integration of user contacts stored on the device
- Optional customized branding for graphic assets and SIP settings available for enterprises and telephony providers.
Finally, if you’re interested to use Bria on your device, you better make sure it runs Android 2.1 or later. In other words, pretty much any modern smartphone is ready to go…