If you’ve been keeping an eye on the App Store, specifically the Games category, then you’ll know the floodgates have opened again this week for new releases. I’m not sure if this will be a common thing from now on for the App Store to release games on Thursdays, but if it is, then there’s going to be a lot of broke folks for the weekend on a regular basis.
Here’s the list of games that have just been released this morning on the App Store as well as their description, and boy, is the list an impressive one:
The 7th Guest
This is an authentic return of the famous, blockbuster game with enhancements for the touch interface. A unique puzzle and story-telling adventure, as little as possible has been changed to preserve the original game experience. To play, tap the screen to move around Stauf’s haunted house and drag your finger to find places to go and monstrous, mind-bending puzzles to solve. And of course, discovering how the game is played is part of the gaming experience. To help you get started, you might want to check out the pyramid in the lower right corner of the Sphinx board. It’s as if The 7th Guest was created especially for the touch interface and the screen of your iPhone or iPod Touch.
The 7th Guest for iPhone ($2.99) – [iTunes Link]
The 7th Guest for iPad ($5.99) – [iTunes Link]
Dungeon Defenders: First Wave
Dungeon Defenders: First Wave for iOS ($2.99) – [iTunes Link]
World of Goo for iPad
World of Goo is a multiple award winning physics based puzzle / construction game made entirely by two guys.
Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues.
The millions of Goo Balls that live in the beautiful World of Goo are curious to explore – but they don’t know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious.
World of Goo for iPad ($9.99) – [iTunes Link]
Real Racing 2
Get ready for the most exhilarating handheld racing experience! Take control of 30 officially licensed cars, each with unique performance characteristics. Feel the thrill of authentic pack racing action in an incredible 16-car grid – the first on iOS!
Get to know meticulously detailed cars including the 2010 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500, 2010 Nissan GT-R (R35) and 2012 McLaren MP4-12C. See the full list at http://firemint.com/r2.
Enjoy well over 10 hours of gameplay in the massive career mode with time trials, head-to-head races, eliminations, single ‘cup’ races, qualifiers and championships. Win races to purchase new cars and feel the difference with performance upgrades that affect handling. Work your way up from rookie to pro, or just jump into a Quick Race for instant fun.
Find out who the real champion is! Enter auto-matched 16 player online races. Meet up with friends for 8 player local WiFi races. Compete on global leaderboards in Time Trials.
Real Racing 2 ($9.99) – [iTunes Link]
N.O.V.A. 2 – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance
6 years have passed since the events depicted in the first episode.
Humanity is now thrown into a bloody civil war fought on one side by the central government of the Terran Orbitals and the self-appointed Human-Alien Alliance; a new organization with a mysterious origin and agenda. Kal Wardin left active service in N.O.V.A. years ago and now lives among the colonists of the desert planet Scorpius.
But war never spares even the most peaceful places…
N.O.V.A. 2 – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance ($6.99) – [iTunes Link]
A new hero is born. His name is Jason Call, and this game tells his story.
The mysterious Prima Materia, a powerful and precious relic that has been at the center of occult legends for millennia, has become a real threat. Hidden in a remote temple, it is sought after by a group of dangerous mercenaries that want to acquire its power to enslave the rest of the mankind.
There is one hope, and it’s you.
Shadow Guardian ($6.99) – [iTunes Link]
Shadow Guardian HD ($9.99) – [iTunes Link]
Dungeon Hunter 2 HD
The second opus of the benchmark for action RPGs, now optimized for your iPad with HD graphics! As SlidetoPlay said, “exceptional games like Dungeon Hunter don’t come along often”, making this sequel a must for any fan of the genre.
EXCLUSIVE CO-OP MULTIPLAYER MODE: Play the campaign alone or in a group of up to 4 adventurers at the same time.
– Team up online via Wi-Fi or locally via Bluetooth or local wireless.
– Compatible with the Game Center and Gameloft LIVE!: find teammates, rise through the ranks in the leaderboards, unlock achievements and more.
– Fight tougher enemies, face even more challenging quests, and combine the talents of your team members to become even deadlier.
25 YEARS LATER, RETURN TO GOTHICUS – IN HD
– You are one of the sons of the immortal King. Survive a war, escape from prison, and travel across your realm to save everything!
– Enter the dark fantasy atmosphere of Gothicus, with high-definition graphics optimized for iPad.
Dungeon Hunter 2 HD ($9.99) – [iTunes Link]
Eternal Legacy HD
Enter a huge world made of cinematic environments in this intense role-playing game, a worthy heir of its Japanese predecessors, now optimized for your iPad!
ENTER THE WORLD OF ALGOAD IN HD
– An absorbing story implying heavy responsibilities: As Astrian, you must save Algoad from destruction and restore the living bond between humans and nature.
– A mix of fantasy and sci-fi: fight with swords and guns, face robots and magic, and fly your own ship!
– Freely explore majestic regions: real-time rendered in full 3D, with free 360° camera.
A SMOOTH, THRILLING BATTLE SYSTEM
– Dynamic turn-based fights: preset your future attacks, which will be triggered one by one once your action gauge is filled.
– Epic combats, enhanced by full 3D artwork, numerous animations and a varied bestiary.
– Up to 3 characters will fight at the same time: select your team among your recruits and define your teammates’ behavior.
Eternal Legacy HD ($9.99) – [iTunes Link]
Aralon: Sword and Shadow HD
That which is done cannot be undone, but it can be avenged.
From the Creators of the award winning Ravensword: The Fallen King,The Elder Scrolls Artist Mark Jones, and Developer Galoobeth Games, comes ARALON: SWORD AND SHADOW, an Epic 3d Role-Playing Adventure
for the iPhone 4, iPad, iPhone 3GS, and iPod Touch.
An iPhone 3d RPG inspired by that classic vein that focuses on a compelling story, a unique hero, and an open 3D world ready for exploration. Journey through the Kingdom of Aralon and unravel its mysteries.
Aralon: Sword and Shadow HD ($6.99) – [iTunes Link]
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
OUR BIGGEST, BADDEST FPS. FOR THE FIRST TIME ON THE APP STORE. Based on the bestselling console game from DICE, let the battle rage in the jungle, snow, and desert, in close-quarter combat, and in the air. Utilize intuitive controls as you destroy enemies with tanks and choppers in state-of the-art vehicular combat. Go all-out in full online multiplayer mode, and get a modern-warfare simulation for iPhone® & iPod touch® that’s second to none.
ENTER THE MODERN BATTLEFIELD
Your iPhone or iPod touch becomes the staging ground for the total Battlefield: BC2 experience. Track 14 single-player missions across 5 intensely detailed battle zones. Capture emplacements in jungle heat, arctic snow, and desert dust. Feel the adrenaline-pumping intensity of close-quarter combat and also unleash devastation from the air. It’s good to be Bad.
MOBILIZE WITH HARDCORE FIREPOWER
Wreak havoc on enemy forces with a plethora of powerful weapons and vehicles. Access an arsenal of up to 14 weapons – from a simple knife to a rocket-propelled grenade. Also drive the action with multiple vehicle types, including a tank and helicopter.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ($.99) – [iTunes Link]
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
The original arcade fighting game is available NOW! With 13 klassic warriors including Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Sonya Blade; multiple game modes; kustomizable kontrols; and updated visuals aimed to maximize the high-resolution Retina Display…you can relive the brutal combos and vicious fatalities that made Mortal Kombat one of the most iconic videogames EVER!
10 Klassic arenas await in Arcade Mode pitting you against the top Mortal Kombat warriors. Kustomize your button layout and dominate your opponents in head-to-head battle. Then “Finish Him!” with epic Fatalities and humiliating Babalities.
MULTIPLAYER MODES AND BEYOND
Challenge friends in merciless head-to-head battles via local WiFi or Bluetooth®. Or rack up points in challenging timed battles against the treacherous Shao Kahn.
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 ($6.99) – [iTunes Link]
SimCity Deluxe for iPad
BUILD AND MANAGE YOUR DREAM CITY! FOR THE FIRST TIME ON iPADTM! Made for dedicated and casual players alike, let your inner urban planner run wild with the world’s favorite city building simulation. As Mayor and City Planner, take delight in the immersive visuals, the bigger display, and responsive touch controls – all designed just for the SimCity™ Deluxe experience on iPad!
ENJOY EXCLUSIVE iPAD FEATURES, INCLUDING…
- Optimized controls designed just for the iPad
- An interface made to take full advantage of the larger iPad screen
- Dockable information pop-ups to give you a quick look at how your SimCity is functioning
DESIGN WITH TOUCHSCREEN EASE
The HD-quality graphics and realistic animation provide vividly textured terrain that you’ll want to reach out and touch. Easily “fingerpaint” masses of trees, water, and land with a simple swipe of your finger. Think big and live larger with customized controls.
SimCity Deluxe for iPad ($.99) – [iTunes Link]
Risk for iPad
THE REAL RISK EXPERIENCE – NOW DESIGNED FOR iPAD™! Pursue world domination on your iPad with THE ORIGINAL game of strategic conquest. Escalate the classic board game experience to a new level of interactive intensity that only iPad can deliver. Draft! Attack! Fortify! Accept no pretenders! Conquer the world on your iPad with the one and only RISK.
EXCLUSIVE iPAD FEATURES INCLUDE:
- NEW interactive board-game experience – Gather up to 6 players around the iPad for the ultimate war game!
- Fast-App Switching – Pause a game and instantly return where you left off
- Inspiring HD-quality graphics and precision gameplay – Enjoy visuals optimized for the iPad’s sharper resolution and bigger Multi-Touch screen
- NEW “Fixed” rule set – For more strategic action, take on your enemies with a challenging new style of play
CLASSIC WAR GAME ACTION LIVES ON IN POWERFUL NEW WAY
Capture the traditional look and feel of the original board game – but blow it out with a NEW interactive experience on iPad. Strategize over the world map, which springs to life with intense visual clarity. Attack with a sleek dice-roll effect. Sense a greater thrill of battle with awesome sound effects, and more.
Risk for iPad ($6.99) – [iTunes Link]
The Game of Life for iPad
LIFE’S A PARTY ON iPAD™! Get family and friends together for PARTY PLAY – ONLY WITH iPAD – and make it a game night! Enjoy the all-time favorite board game in a whole new way with enhanced HD-quality graphics, plus new interactive and custom features. Live THE GAME OF LIFE to the fullest on iPad!
CHECK OUT THESE EXCLUSIVE FEATURES FOR iPAD…
- Party Play with up to 6 players
- Customize classic characters
- Track your LIFE events with THE GAME OF LIFE Journal
- Zoom out to see the whole board on the bigger iPad screen
- Enjoy the brighter, bolder visual quality you only get with iPad
TAKE A SPIN WITH FRIENDS & FAMILY IN PARTY PLAY
Get up to 6 players around the iPad game board in the ALL-NEW PARTY PLAY mode. Play the game you know and love with friends and family in a cool new way! You can also Pass ‘N Play with up to 6 players, and even go solo. Live it up!
The Game of Life for iPad ($6.99) – [iTunes Link]
Pocket God: Journey to Uranus
At long last, the next saga for the Pygmies brings them to the cold depths of space… where YOU, their god, will guide their destiny and ultimately, the fate of the universe! Oh yeah, and its just fun to mess with the little guys too.
Pocket God: Journey To Uranus is an interactive world that you can explore, discover your godly powers, and play games. Feed the volcano god on Earth! Fight a war on Uranus! Ward off robots from another universe in space! Some games are inspired by your favorite classic video games!
Like Pocket God, the Journey to Uranus universe will keep expanding. More planets, interactions and games to come! What do you want to see added?
Pocket God: Journey to Uranus ($4.99) – [iTunes Link]
ZombieSmash! is a “Survival Comedy” game, featuring undead-themed castle defense and entertaining, physics-based gameplay. The game casts players as Joey, a lone survivor pit against a herd of writhing, unrelenting zombies – to defeat the undead masses, players must use their fingers to flick and smash them until they’re un-undead.
- Multi-touch zombie death: Instead of swiping at zombies one at a time with your thumbs like in the original ZombieSmash!, ZSHD lets survivors swipe whole crowds of zombies at a time – much more efficient! And they’ll have to, as they’ll be tasked with fending off even bigger hordes of walking corpses!
- All-new HD graphics: High-resolution art and graphics to help you view your latest zombie conquest(s) in bloody, SplatterEngine-powered detail.
- 25 zombie-butt-kicking weapons, specials and upgrades: All the awesome weapons and specials from the original ZS, including crazy fan favorites like landmines, sniper rifles and asteroids. Plus, pump up your defenses with an assortment of upgrades.
- Game Center integration: Achievements, leaderboards and player profiles powered through Apple’s Game Center.
- Full campaign and bonus levels: The first full campaign from the original ZS has been revamped for iPad gameplay, with bonus content such as bullet time, zero-gravity shooting, oversized (or tiny!) zombies, and more!
- Sophisticated ragdoll physics produce unique and hysterical zombie deaths, and the proprietary SplatterEngine™ renders adorable cartoon blood and gore in a convincing and entertaining fashion.
ZombieSmash HD ($2.99) – [iTunes Link]
Pix’n Love Rush DX
Do you want the clearest, cleanest, shiniest pixels money can buy? Choose Pastagames Amusement Device brand game consoles (any iOS powered device)! You get not one, not two, but three times the fun for the price of one. Of course the new Pastagames Amusement Devices eliminate dust and bad odors, but that’s not all! Thanks to the spatial technology driving each and every pixel, you get all the good old-fashioned fun that made the Standard Definition version famous, along with a whole lot more:
- ENJOY the all new gameplay mode “Cursed” with five daunting levels that will entice your digital tastebuds! PIX N’LOVE, THE RUSH THAT REFRESHES!
- EXPERIENCE the jaw-dropping “ocular display” enhancing each and every one of the seven million five hundred forty six thousand three hundred and twenty eight pixels of the game! PIX N’LOVE, GOOD TO THE LAST PIX!
- REPOSITION the game controls! And fancify your fingerwork. PIX N’LOVE, RUSH ALL THAT YOU CAN RUSH!
- ROTATE your device and stay in line with the game! Because convenience is also part of the Future. PIX N’LOVE, MELTS IN YOUR MIND, NOT IN YOUR HANDS!
- DELIGHT your ears in the best chiptunes in digital entertainment. PIX N’LOVE, I WANT MY PIX N’LOVE!
- DISCOVER a whole variety of all new tasty treats… PIX N’LOVE, BETWEEN LOVE AND PIXELS LIES PIX N’LOVE!
Pix’n Love Rush DX ($1.99) – [iTunes Link]
Broken Sword – The Smoking Mirror: Remastered
‘Broken Sword – the Smoking Mirror: Remastered’ sees the return of George Stobbart and Nico Collard in the sequel to the App Store #1 smash hit ‘Broken Sword – the Shadow of the Templars’, widely praised as the best adventure available for iPhone / iPad.
While investigating a ruthless drug gang, journalist Nico Collard unexpectedly comes across an ancient artifact. Little can she know that the ornately carved obsidian stone will lead her, and her adventuring companion George Stobbart, into a mysterious escapade of intrigue and deceit, in which they must overcome powerful forces and antagonists who will stop at nothing to fulfill their evil ambitions.
Torment and terror, sacrificial rituals, and bloody massacre is unearthed beneath a veil of Mayan mystery. Kidnap, stolen treasure, espionage, and deadly drug baron are the least of the duo’s worries, as divine forces threaten to annihilate mankind! Nerve, cunning and guile are essential in order to conquer in this compelling adventure, guaranteed to leave you with an aching brain and a beating heart. Are you up to the challenge?
Broken Sword – The Smoking Mirror: Remastered ($6.99) – [iTunes Link]
Transform into a variety of beasts and fight off throngs of demons to rescue his daughter Athena from the evil Neff. The mighty shape shifting god, Neff, will challenge you in various hideous forms in each Boss level, but you are armed to the teeth with transformative tricks of your own!
Collect three Spirit Balls to power up and transform into a new Altered Beast in each round: Werewolf, Weredragon, Werebear, Weretiger and a Golden Werewolf.
FIGHT THE EVIL
Battle five bosses and 17 demon types with kicks and punches while in human form, and special Altered Beast attacks once you shape shift.
2 PLAYER MODE
Use Bluetooth Peer-to-Peer Multiplayer to team up with a friend to take Neff down (Bluetooth required – available only for 2nd generation or better iPhone & iPod touch and 3.x OS)
Altered Beast ($2.99) – [iTunes Link]
Dr. Eggman’s (AKA Dr. Robotnik) has turned all the animals on Mobius into robot slaves with his great Veg-O-Fortress, but it’s Sonic to the rescue!
Rolled up like a pinball, Sonic rockets through the contraption scoring points, grabbing rings and carefully collecting Chaos Emeralds without disturbing Eggman’s Pinball Defense System. Dr. Eggman takes many different forms in the Boss modes – destroy them all!
- Classic, addictive pinball-style gameplay.
- Collect all 16 Chaos Emeralds.
- Four fun-filled levels and three bonus stages.
- Keep your eye out for a hidden bonus round (hint: “cluck, cluck”).
- Fun soundtrack with pinball sound effects.
- Play either the US or Japanese versions of the game.
Sonic Spinball ($2.99) – [iTunes Link]
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is the first ever co-op action/adventure game featuring Lara Croft. This brand extension incorporates the hallmarks of the Tomb Raider franchise including exploration, discovery, platforming, and puzzle solving. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light allows players to experience Lara Croft from an isometric viewpoint, and combines new gameplay features such as character progression, fun fast-paced combat, and elements of cooperation and competition.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light ($6.99) – [iTunes Link]
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light HD ($9.99) – [iTunes Link]
Try to survive in four different worlds with your trusty grappling hook, as four different characters with unique special abilities! Every game world has its own all-new setting, every character has its own gameplay style. Every world is also randomized, varied, and endless, for incredible replay value.
Check out our website for a gameplay trailer and more reviewer quotes: bit.ly/hookworlds
SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL CONTROLS:
There are just two buttons. The right button controls your grappling hook, letting go detaches your hook. The left button controls the unique special ability in each game world. These simple controls will let you nimbly swing, dive, climb, run, slide, and shoot, rocketjump, or flip gravity!
FOUR GAMES IN ONE:
Swing your way through the Cursed Jungle as Gramps, as you try to escape the Ancient Watcher. Shoot your way through a haunted cove as Zelle, in your pursuit of bounties and treasure. Escape a grim future dystopia as CyberGnome 202X, using your gravity flips to evade the Gnome Cops. Early buyers also instantly get the fourth world, a tribute to both Atari/C64 games and falling onto lethal spikes!
YES, THAT’S RIGHT, CYBERGNOME 202X. AND MORE:
Rewards you can unlock and wear to customize your characters, visible on the scoreboards. Medal awards and achievements for reaching high score milestones. Blowing up haunted crabs and getting obliterated by a gigantic eye. All of the above and more, for the permanent price of 99 cents.
Hook Worlds ($.99) – [iTunes Link]
Monkey Island Tales 1 HD
Episode 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal
While stripping the evil pirate LeChuck of his demonic mojo, Guybrush Threepwood inadvertently infects the entire Caribbean with his arch-fiend’s voodoo. Guybrush must stop a mysterious pox that’s transforming buccaneers into unruly pirate monsters!
- First of a five-episode saga with an intriguing storyline that becomes deeper and more entangled as it unfolds
- Series favorites Guybrush, LeChuck, Elaine, Stan, and the Voodoo Lady are joined by a new cast of characters
- Streamlined adventure gameplay with all the humor, romance, and swashbuckling excitement that made the franchise famous
Monkey Island Tales 1 HD ($6.99) – [iTunes Link]
Riven: The Sequel to Myst
Introducing “Riven: The Sequel to Myst” for iOS – the massive island Age of Riven with all of its amazing detail, in the palm of your hand.
Taking up where Myst left off, Riven set an amazing new standard for design, aesthetics, and immersion in gaming. Remember Atrus’ trap book, the Moiety intervention, the mag-lev ride, the Jungle village, Catherine’s prison, Gehn’s Age, the Wahrk throne? Now the entire Riven adventure can be experienced from wherever you are.
The original Riven sights and sounds have been meticulously re-assembled for a remarkable experience on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Everything that you remember from the original Riven in an intimate new format where every aspect is explored with a simple touch or swipe.
Riven: The Sequel to Myst ($5.99) – [iTunes Link]
Pirates vs Ninjas vs Zombies vs Pandas
PHYSICS PUZZLE ACTION!
It is Pirates… it is Ninjas… it is Zombies… it is Pandas and it is full on War!
Help the deadly factions eliminate each other in a gruesome fourway conflict based on simple misunderstandings and a cataclysmic failure to communicate!
Fire the brave warriors out of the mighty cannon and let them sacrifice themselves for the honor of their factions!
It doesnt matter that noone remember the reasons for fighting… War knows no reason! – and neither will you after having played; Pirates vs Ninjas vs Zombies vs Pandas!
In each level the player has a limited number of cannonball characters available and must use these tactical in order to destroy the targets.
Pirates vs Ninjas vs Zombies vs Pandas ($.99) – [iTunes Link]
Pirates vs Ninjas vs Zombies vs Pandas HD ($1.99) – [iTunes Link]