Not in the first wave of folks to get the Android 2.2 OTA for your Samsung Epic 4G? Instead of having to wait, we’ll tell you how to manually update your device so you can get your Froyo on. It’s a fairly easy update, so don’t get discouraged if you’re not the phone hacking type.
1. Download the Android 2.2 Froyo update file here.
2. If the file isn’t named “update.zip” already, do so now. Make sure it’s not named update.zip.zip.
3. Put the file onto the root of your SD card (inside no folders)
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Hold down Power, Volume down, and the Camera button at the same time.
6. Using the Volume down key, go to the “Apply sdcard: update.zip” and press Home to update.
7. Reboot your phone.
Your Epic 4G has been successfully updated to Android 2.2 Froyo, so enjoy!