Do a lot of tailgating? Or maybe you just like to spend time outdoors with a few friends (and maybe a couple drinks?). If this sounds like you, and you’ve got an iPhone or iPod Touch handy… have I got a treat for you!
Called the ‘Tailgater Portable iPhone Sound System’, this single-unit sound system from ThinkGeek is a little slice of awesome. The all-in-one system features a dock that ‘fits most docking models’… I think it’d be fair to say the iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4G should all dock-up just fine… and same goes for recent-gen iPod Touch units.
On the top of the system there’s an assortment of inputs and controls as well. You can plug-in your microphone or any other audio source, and have fun with it for up to 8 hours on a single charge. There is, of course, an AC adapter in the box as well… but lets face it, when you’ve got your serious tailgate on, it’s not likely that you’re going to be able to plug-in!
Other Key Features:
- Single-unit sound system for full, rich sound with 20W amp
- Dock for iPhone or iPod fits most docking models
- Inputs for microphone and other audio sources
- Heavy-duty construction with carry handle
- Built-in, 8-hour battery with level indicator
- High-quality microphone included for announcing, toasting, and/or singing along
- Input Voltage: AC 100-120V/ 60Hz 220-240V/ 50Hz
- Output Wattage: 20W (THD: < 1%)
- Output Voltage: 8V
- Frequency Response: Aux Input: 78Hz – 20kHz
- iPod Input: 63Hz – 77kHz
- Charges fully in about 6 hours, battery lasts about 8 hours at high volume
- Dimensions: 12.5″ x 9.5″ x 14″
I’m half-tempted to pick one of these up right now. Not only is the weather getting nice where I am (patio season)… Football season is ramping up shortly, and me thinks I’d be able to take advantage of a unit just like this. We’ll see.
If you’re interested I’ve included the product link below for your perusing (and perhaps purchasing) pleasure.
Tailgater Portable iPhone Sound System ($149.99) [ThinkGeek link]