Well what do you know, Verizon and Motorola are preparing to launch an update for the Droid X2. We’ve no idea when that will exactly happen — as far as I know you may be getting it while reading this — but since the update already got a dedicated page at Verizon’s website (PDF file is here), I assume this will happen sooner rather than later.
Here’s the list of improvements you’ll get with this release:
- Keyboard remains visible during text input.
- Input characters are properly displayed during text entry.
- Device will no longer lockup or reset when using the keyboard.
- Charging indicator will display only when the device is plugged into a charger.
- Home key functions correctly while the device is in the desktop cradle.
- Successfully use the camera after unlocking the device.
- Video quality has been improved for video recording and playback.
- Mobile Hotspot password can now exceed 63 characters.
- Improvement to the device stability limits resets and lockups.
- The Magic Smoke live wallpaper animation now works properly.
- Enjoy improved audio when streaming music.
Applications & Widgets
- When playing MP3s through the Music App, songs will not skip.
- Avoid YouTube video lockup while viewing.
- Desktop cradle application starts correctly.
- No longer receive an error message when purchasing the Let’s Golf App.
Needless to say, the moment you see the new update is available, “push the button” and take it from there…