Popular mind mapping service MindMeister is finally launching an Android app, allowing users with smartphones running Google’s OS to join their iOS counterparts (also MindMeister users). This is still version 1.0 so don’t expect support for Honeycomb tablets – that’s something that will be included in the future releases (or they’ll simply go for the Ice Cream Sandwich).
Feature wise, MindMeister for Android comes with:
- Automatic synchronization with MindMeister.com
- Ability to work offline
- Ability to create, edit and share maps right from the device
- Multi-touch support for drag & drop, pan & zoom
- Folder support
- Support for Notes, Links and Tasks
- Support for Connections and Themes
- Geistesblitz Widget (for quick idea capture)
So if you use web-based version of MindMeister and you also happen to own an Android smartphone, you should definitely try out their mobile app. On the other hand, if you don’t have an account at MindMeister.com, the application will ask you to create one upon launching the app for the first time (so it can backup your mind maps in the cloud).
MindMeister (FREE) [Android Market link]