Sirius XM Radio unveiled the Android-powered SiriusXM Lynx Portable Radio, touting it as its most advanced radio ever that comes with expanded channel lineup via satellite and Internet. The new device features for satellite radio when docked with the optional Lynx LV1 Vehicle Kit or Lynx LH1 Home Kit include:
- Tune Start – automatically starts the currently playing song from the beginning so you get to hear the whole song.
- Radio Replays – allows you to build a library of up to 200 hours of programming from your favorite satellite radio channels.
- Pause, Rewind and Replay – so you can replay up to 30 minutes of live SiriusXM content on the currently tuned channel, and also access replay content on 5 favorite preset channels currently displayed.
- Featured Favorites – preset options that can be automatically added as favorite channels to easily discover new and specialty programming.
- Show Finder – electronic programming guide, offering a complete list of what’s on over the next 7 days by channel.
In addition, Lynx also offers SiriusXM 2.0 features for listening to SiriusXM Internet Radio via Wi-Fi networks, including:
- Start Now – allows you to go back 5 hours to select and listen to previously broadcast programming.
- View program information, album art and read artist bios.
- Rewind to hear programming again or skip forward to hear what’s playing next.
- Pause live radio and pick up right where the listener left off
- Access to Show Finder, the electronic programming guide.
SiriusXM Lynx is available now at shop.siriusxm.com for $249.99 and will soon hit retail stores around the country. As for the optional accessories, the SiriusXM Lynx LV1 Vehicle Kit and SiriusXM Lynx LH1 Home Kit are each available for $69.99.