Shazam today announced its rolling out its first new app called Shazam Player which is a free replacement for the iOS music player. The new app provides a respectable set of features which include synced lyrics, social sharing, smart playlists, bios and more. The mobile music company packed its new player with some prominent additions such as “LyricPlay.” The LyricPlay feature allow access to lyrics while tagging a song, which gives users the ability to pull up lyrics for many popular songs in their own library.
Shazam Player also serves as a one-stop-shop to find tour dates from bands and artists you enjoy, watch YouTube videos and concert clips, and even allow its users to buy tracks from iTunes within the app itself.
It’s great to see Shazam branch out from just a simple music discovery app into something with a little more meat behind it. Shazam Player seems to be exactly what the original Shazam should have been, and seems very familiar to the kind of stuff SoundHound has been offering for its users.
Here’s a full list of all the features and details shown on iTunes:
- LyricPlay. See streaming lyrics in time to the music – you’ll always have the words to your favorite songs with you.
- Share the soundtrack of your day on Facebook and Twitter
- Watch YouTube videos and concert clips
- Find tour dates for the bands and artists you’re into
- Manage your music – see your iTunes playlists and create new playlists on the fly
- Select your favorite tracks and hide ones you don’t want to hear
- Add to your music – buy new tracks on iTunes from within the app
- View music by artist/album/title and use the Track Tray to see all the great Shazam features available for each song
- Top tracks – a changing list of LyricPlay tracks – buy them straight from the app if you don’t already own them
- Identify new music you’re hearing by instantly launching the Shazam App