App Annie unveiled a new infographic about mobile apps, illustrating what it calls the “Rise of the Planet of the Apps.” Here are the highlights:
- East Asia was a fertile land for Apple in 2011 – China saw a 298% increase in downloads and a 187% increase in revenue, whilst Japan saw a 98% increase in downloads, and an 88% increase in revenue.
- Norway leads the world in a comparison of average revenue per app downloaded with $0.37 per download, nine times more than China.
- There’s money to be made in the U.S. and Japan. For instance, the #1 grossing app in the US generates nearly 10x the revenue of the #1 app in China. However, the top app in Japan earns 90% compared to the US for a country that has 1/6 the smartphone population.
- In-App Purchase (IAP) revenues are booming, with major game developers like EA, Glu and Gameloft all getting involved in this trend.
- Downloads on iPad for 2011 have grown 200%, compared to 70% for downloads on iPhone. Moreover, revenues from iPad apps are now contributing to 30% of overall iOS revenue, with iPhone and iTouch app revenues contributing 70%. iPad apps generate 2.4X more revenue per download compared to the iPhone.
And here’s how it all comes together in an infographic.
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon