The just-announced iPad HD will be making its way to both Verizon Wireless and AT&T next week, with full 4G LTE connectivity set on each carrier. This marks the first iOS device to have LTE functionality, and allows customers on the go to take advantage of these super-fast networks.
Verizon obviously has the larger of the two LTE networks at this point, but AT&T is rapidly growing its LTE presence in the United States. LTE will give the iPad HD speeds of around 5-20 mbps download, with 3-5 mbps upload speeds in there as well. When not connected to an LTE network, the iPad HD will connect to 3G networks, which are still speedy enough to get the job done, unless you want to stream massive amounts of content.
We hope you guys are excited to get your hands on the new LTE iPad HD, which will range in price from $629 to $829 depending on how much storage you need. It will come in 16, 32, and 64 GB varieties.
As a reminder, the full iPad HD specs:
- A5x dual-core processor with quad-core graphics
- 9.7″ HD Retina display, with a 2,048 x 1,536 resolution and 3.1 million pixels, about 1 million more than a 1080p display. Display has 40% better color saturation than previous models.
- LTE connectivity with Verizon and AT&T networks (and Rogers, Bell, and Telus), 21 mbps HSPA+, 42 mbps DC-HSDPA
- iOS 5.1 with Siri-like voice dictation
- 5 megapixel 1080p iSight backside illuminated camera, 5 element lens, IR filter, ISP, and video stabilization
- Front-facing HD camera
- Bigger battery for a prolonged battery life (and to support the battery-sucking LTE radios) with 10 hours of normal use on WiFi, and a whopping 9 hours on LTE
- 16/32/64 GB storage options
- White and Black casing
- 9.4 mm thin, weighing in at 1.4 lbs
- Over 200,000 custom iPad applications
- WiFi, 16GB – $499
- WiFi, 32GB – $599
- WiFi, 64 GB – $699
- WiFi + LTE, 16 GB – $629
- WiFi + LTE, 32 GB – $729
- WiFi + LTE, 64 GB – $829
You can preorder these devices starting today by heading over to the Apple Store. We assume these will go live on Verizon and AT&T’s websites soon, and we’ll link you there as soon as the pages are live.