Samsung is adding Norton Mobile Security app in its own app store – Samsung Apps. The application comes with a full-featured, complimentary 90-day subscription of Norton Mobile Security, after which users can keep to use it for $29.99 per year.
Feature wise, Norton’s software comes with following capabilities:
- Remote Locate – Shows the location of your smartphone so you can find it if it’s lost or stolen.
- Remote Lock – Lets you remotely lock your lost or stolen phone via the Internet or SMS.
- Remote Wipe – Lets you remotely erase the data on your phone via SMS to block access to your private information. Additionally, your phone is instantly locked if its SIM card is removed or replaced.
- Anti-malware – Scans all files and application updates downloaded to your mobile phone, automatically detecting and removing threats without slowing you down.
- SD Card Scanning – Option of automatically scan memory cards when you plug them into a mobile phone.
- Automatic LiveUpdate – Automatically downloads and installs security updates.
Norton Mobile Security can be downloaded from the “Utility” category in Samsung Apps or from a link below. It is available in 9 languages, including Korean, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese.
Norton Mobile Security (FREE) [Samsung Apps link]