The newest security app to hit Google Play is ESET Mobile Security, packing a similar feature set other such solutions do. In that sense, expect much more than basic malware and spam protection, with ESET’s app also including additional features like:
- Behavior-based detection that warns of any suspicious activity against your phone.
- Multi-layered anti-theft security system that relies on the phone’s built-in GPS receiver to help you locate it. In addition, there are Remote Lock, Remote Wipe and SIM matching capabilities.
- Call blocking that works in both directions (incoming and outgoing) and is thus suitable for parents to keep their children’s phone bills in check.
- Ability to define a Trusted friend, which is a contact that can receive an Alert SMS if an unknown SIM card is inserted into the phone. Moreover, this individual can also reset the user’s forgotten password if needed.
- Security Audit with Built-in Task Manager that provides information about all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth, and device visibility.
- Uninstall Protection – secures the smartphone against unauthorized un-installation of ESET Mobile Security.
As usual we advise you to use common sense rather than specialized software. On the other hand, this could be an easier option and is better suited for enterprise users. It’s your call…
ESET Mobile Security (FREE) [Google Play link]