Spotify, the wildly popular music streaming service has just given its Android app a major overhaul. The new version of Spotify has been rewritten with full support for Android 4.o Ice Cream Sandwich and it brings a slew of new features including slide-out navigation, a new home screen widget, new sharing social features, 320Kbps streaming and Last.fm support.
Here’s the full list of improvements:
- Totally new app with full support for Android 4.0
- All-new slide-out navigation
- Crossfade/gapless playback settings
- Widget – control Spotify from the home screen
- Playlist folder support
- Even more social – check out friends’ profile pages and playlists on the go
- Artist imagery in high resolution
- Related artist view – available for the first time on mobile
- ‘Extreme’ sound quality setting for 320kbps listening
- Play queue
- Last.fm scrobbling
- So much faster!
Spotify is excited about the new application, as they should be. Gustav Södertröm, VP of products, said “For all our Android users, this Spotify update is a huge leap forward. We’ve rebuilt it from top to bottom, making it faster, slicker and much better looking.” He continued saying, “The feedback we got from the preview we released a few weeks back was really positive. We wanted to give our users something special – we really hope you like it.”
This new and improved Android application is now available for download in the Google Play marketplace.