You’ve heard about fanboys, right? Apple has one of the most dedicated following in the world with some of their users bashing any other platforms and devices (not made by the Cupertino-based company) by default. To be fair, Apple does make some rock-solid products and is — unlike many of its competitors — well-known for taking care of details. However, does that makes Apple’s products more desirable than some life-needed “things” like sex? Apparently so.
The trade-in website Gazelle released a survey of more than 1,000 of its customers who have traded in at least one iPhone. The results are somewhat staggering, or so I think. Here’s what they got:
- When asked which device or platform they would not be able to live without, a majority (65%) chose iPhone, while only a few (1%) report not being able to do without Facebook.
- Nearly 15% of respondents said they’d rather give up sex than go for even a weekend without their iPhone.
- Almost 40% of respondents report a bigger screen is the feature they would most like to see added to the next version of the iPhone.
- Nearly 70% of survey respondents report waving goodbye to their iPod or mp3 player since purchasing an iPhone, 55% have ditched their camera, and over 40% have gotten rid of their GPS unit since buying an iPhone.
- More than 25% of survey respondents report that they “almost always” use their iPhone while in a social setting such as during a meal or while at a party, 58% say they do this either “usually” or “occasionally,” and 17% of respondents report using their iPhone in such a situation either “rarely” or “never.”
- Almost 85% of respondents report having used their iPhone while in the bathroom. Perhaps more disturbingly, nearly 4% of respondents report having used their iPhone while having sex. Now that’s weird.
Guess some folks think iPhone is *really* sexy device.