One of the innovations that has specifically caught on amongst the mainstream audience is video watching on mobile and Internet. We have a new infographic to illustrate this trend, but before showing it to you, we want to highlight the key points related to online and mobile video watching:
- Close to 25% of all video viewers in household with high-speed Internet are using devices other than a television to watch video.
- The average tablet owner watches 36 minutes of video every week.
- Viewership via phone increased by 35.7% in 2011.
- YouTube is the leading service for streaming video from Internet, followed by Yahoo, Vevo, AOL, Bing and Facebook.
- Online video and TV shows could very well be the future for media advertisers and the key to catching and retaining the attention of viewers.
And here’s the infographic showing everything I just said/wrote in a nicer way…
[Via: Direct SAT TV]