Just in time for the London Olympics, the same-day hotel booking service/app HotelTonight released its market data to give insight into Android and iOS users’ hotel booking habits. The key finding is that iOS bookers take the lead on spend and speed of booking, while those with Android devices win on spontaneity and length of stay. Here are the details:
- iOS users spend on average 15% more than Android users per night on hotel stays.
- iOS users are faster mobile bookers, and lock in their stays 33% quicker than Android users.
- iOS users are 6% more likely to mix it up and use HotelTonight for an impulse vacation.
- iOS users are also 10% more likely to use HotelTonight as a solution for flight delays, detours or travel mix-ups.
- Android users are 16% more likely to use HotelTonight for deal-hunting, and 20% more likely to use HotelTonight for a thrill (i.e. for a night in the city or after a party).
- Android users are 20% more likely to book three or more consecutive nights, and are 7% more likely to book spontaneously versus planning ahead to book last-minute.
- iOS users are more likely to use hotel restaurants, spas, bars and the minibar; while those with Android smartphones prefer to use hotel parking, WiFi and casinos.
- When it comes to time-of-day, Android users are 32% more likely to book after 9:00 p.m. and iOS users are 10% more likely to book before 2:00 p.m.
- Android users are 9% more likely than iOS users to book on Friday, and iOS users are 11% more likely to book on Tuesday.
- Users of an Android device are 49% more likely to use HotelTonight to book a room in Las Vegas, while iPhone users are 56% more likely to use HotelTonight to book in New York City and 88% more likely to book a room in London.
And here’s the infographic illustrating the data…
Book sameday hotel rooms for up to 70% off in Las Vegas, NY, SF, LA, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Seattle, Dallas, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Denver, PhoenixScottsdale, San Diego, Orlando, New Orleans, Anaheim,…Read More »