Verizon Wireless is about to release a new software update for its rugged Casio G’zOne Commando smartphone. It won’t bring Ice Cream Sandwich to the phone, but a number of bug fixes and tweaks, instead. Here’s what you can expect:
- Fixed problem with speakerphone which will successfully turn off after a “Push to Talk” call is completed.
- Improved device stability no longer decreases power cycles during a “Push to Talk” call.
- Mobile IM app has been removed from the device.
- Desk Cradle application has been updated with the latest bug fixes.
- Android partner security bulletin has been applied to the device.
We don’t know when the new update will be released, but since Verizon announced it, it’s fair to guess that will happen sooner rather than later. And if you want to read all this from Verizon’s official document, you can do that from here (PDF download).