The US IAB’s Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, IAB UK and Mojiva partnered to shed some light on how mobile fits into the Olympic Games. The three parties conducted a brief survey of American and British mobile consumers reached by Mojiva’s ad network regarding their plans for the mobile summer Olympics. Here are the highlights:
- About 75% of both the US and UK respondents said they would follow their country’s team on their mobile device in some way.
- 20% of US respondents will look-up products that team/athlete endorses; Only 12% of UK respondents will do so.
- Approximately half of both US and UK respondents will use their mobile device for Olympic-related activities while watching live events on TV.
- 22% of both US and UK respondents plan to stream games live on mobile device.
- Almost 50% of both US & UK respondents say they click or interact with mobile ads at least once a week.
- US respondents are more inclined to interact with mobile ads featuring an athlete they like than UK respondents (18% vs. 6%), but UK respondents are more likely to say they respond to mobile ads from official Olympic sponsors (13% vs 8%), and ads featuring sport of interest (36% vs. 22%).
And here’s how it all looks in the infographic…