Mobile ad network Millennial Media released its new Mobile Mix report, sharing which platforms and phones are most popular among its users. Here are the highlights:
- Apple remained the leading manufacturer on our platform with more than 31% of the impression share. The iPhone also remained the leading individual mobile phone in the network.
- Samsung devices represented 22% of impressions and had 8 devices in our top 20 mobile phones. All Samsung phones in the top 20 list rose in position compared to where they were in the first quarter of the year.
- 74% of all impressions on Millennial’s platform came from smartphones, which was an increase of 8 percentage points year-over-year.
- Android was the leading OS with 46% of total impressions. iOS was second with 34% of the total impressions.
- The iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Kindle Fire were the top three tablets and all ranked in the top 20 overall mobile devices.
- 95% of tablet impressions came over a Wi-Fi network, showing that many tablet owners are using their devices at home or work, where they have reliable Wi-Fi connections.
And you can download the full report from here.