Controlling the things in your home remotely just got more fun thanks to LIFX. LIFX, is a Kickstarter-funded light bulb you control from your iOS or Android device by way of your smartphone. The public seems to be really gravitating toward this idea, as the project has already amassed well over a quarter of a million dollars in less than two days in its Kickstarter program. The bulb itself costs $69.
How does it work, you ask? Well, the light bulb can have brightness and the color of the bulb changed at any time. The light even has a timed feature which lets folks control when the light goes on and off. Another cool thing to know about this light bulb is the fact that its a self-contained unit that doesn’t need special treatment, such as having your wiring changed to accommodate the bulb. It’s a simple setup, all users have to do is twist the light bulb in and start up the app to enjoy all the beautiful colors.
Here’s a much detailed list of what the LIFX light bulb does:
- Control your lights from anywhere
- Choose any brightness for a specific bulb, a room or your whole house
- Create the colors to match any mood or decor
- Get notifications such as Twitter, Facebook, Texts and more
- Reduce your energy consumption and save money
- Visualise your music with animated colors
- Make an impression at your next dinner party
- Get creative with colors and effects
- Create a nightlight for your kids
- Security mode when you’re on holidays
- Create groups of lights
- Robot dance like it’s 1999
If you want to have a conversation starter and an awesome 70’s-like feel and vibe, I’d suggest you hit the project page link below to get your donation-on.