Sony has started rolling out Ice Cream Sandwich updates for three of its entry-level smartphones, including the Xperia go, Xperia U and Xperia sola. Aside from packing “standard Android 4.0 goodies,” the new firmware also brings several Sony-specific changes such as:
- New version of Sony media applications – WALKMAN, Album and Movies
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times depending on user-profile and data consumption
- Resizable widgets “for improved personalization”
- Improved control of mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
Moreover, after the update, the Xperia sola can be used with gloves so you can keep your fingers warm in cold weather. Pretty cool.
Unfortunately, this isn’t the over-the-air update and you’ll rather have to connect your Xperia smartphone to a PC or Mac and use Sony’s software. This page at Sony Mobile’s website has all the information needed to proceed.