Google Wallet will no longer be exclusive to Sprint, with US Cellular customers readying to start using the service, too. The latest update to the Samsung Galaxy S III brings a number of tweaks and bug fixes, as well as support for Google Wallet, hinting us that the search giant is finally expanding the service to include other carriers.
Additionally, many of the preloaded apps have been updated, including City ID, Daily Perks, Your Navigator Deluxe, Tone Room Deluxe, Gameloft Portal, Mobi TV, Amazon Apps, Audible, IMDB, Amazon MP3, Amazon Shopping, Zappos, Kindle and Slacker Radio. Moreover, there is also a ton bug fixes to address different issues, such as:
- Background/font color of email were changing randomly
- Device was roaming in LTE indicator
- Inconsistency with attaching/compressing a picture taken from the device
- Space automatically inserted in passwords after typing most punctuation marks
- Polaris document viewer – grey bar appearing in center of documents
- Email fix with Microsoft 365
As I’m writing this, you may still not be able to grab the update. Still you can check and see whether it’s available from Settings -> About phone. Alternatively, you can use Samsung’s Upgrade Tool for Windows, which is available from here. Good luck!