We have great news for those of you US Cellular customers rocking a Samsung Galaxy S III, as your long-awaited Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1 update is now available for download. The large regional carrier also provides the S III’s latest firmware, which is available for download here.
The new update include the following Samsung features:
- Camera Enhancements:
- New live camera and camcorder filters offer a range of new ways to spark your creativity. Warm vintage, cold vintage, black and white, sepia, color highlights(blue, green, red/yellow), and many more are selectable from the main camera screen.
- Pause and resume while recording video allows users to string together multiple captured video clips from a party, birthday or sporting event into a single file with no post editing required.
- Low light photo mode takes advantage of Galaxy S III’s best-in-class High Dynamic Range (HDR) capabilities and offers an optimized mode for low light and indoor photos.
- Pop Up Play Update: Users can now easily resize or pause the Pop Up Play picture-in-picture video window, taking full advantage of the Galaxy S III’s powerful processor and large 4.8-inch screen.
- Easy Mode: Easy Mode is a simplified user experience option for first-time smartphone owners, providing large home screen widgets that focus on the device essentials. The Easy widgets include both 4×2 and 4×4 arrangements of favorite contacts, favorite apps, favorite settings, clock and alarm.
- Blocking Mode: Galaxy S III owners can disable incoming calls, notifications, alarms and LED indicators for a designated period of time.
- Improved Usability: Users now have multiple keyboard options with the addition of the Swype keyboard.
These TouchWiz features above are included with the new features that comes with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (like Google Now, ‘What’s this song?’, etc). If you need help on how to update your GSIII hit the US Cellular link at the bottom of this post.