Samsung and AT&T have started rolling out Android 4.1 update for the Galaxy Rugby Pro smartphone. It’s a somewhat strange move since we don’t get to see rugged devices getting the latest versions of mobile platforms that often. In that sense we applaud the two companies for pulling this off.
Aside from all the bells and whistles Jelly Bean brings to the table like Google Now and Project Butter, the update also packs several Rugby Pro-specific tweaks, including:
- Camera enhancements with live camera and camcorder filters, offering a range of effects, pause and resume while recording a video.
- Pop Up Play – so you can resize or pause the Pop Up Play picture-in-picture video window.
- Easy mode – which brings a simplified user experience option for first time smartphone users.
- Blocking mode – to disable incoming calls, notifications, alarms and LED indicators for a designated period of time.
- Improved usability – Swype keyboard now comes included.
On the downside though, your list of paired Bluetooth devices will be wiped after the update and so will APNs. Still, it’s well worth “pushing the button” — do it as soon as your rugged smartphone prompts you to proceed… or connect the Rugby Pro via Kies to update from a computer.
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon