We know mobile advertising is getting really big, but it’s always nice to have numbers to put behind any claim. Thanks to the infographic prepared by Smart AdServer, we have some cool figures to share with our readers. Here are the key findings:
- Mobile traffic is expected to exceed desktop traffic as early as this year.
- In Q4 2012, mobile traffic accounted for 40% of all digital traffic of leading Sports Channels, and 32% of News Channels.
- Publishers running a mobile apps and/or mobile sites have seen their mobile traffic multiplying during the last year: 2.6 times in UK, 2.9 times in Germany, 4.3 times in USA, 2.7 times in France, 4.2 times in Brazil…
- Mobile web traffic makes up most of mobile traffic in Germany (86%), USA (76%), Brazil (77%) contrarily to UK (53%), France (74%), Italy (66%) where mobile apps dominate mobile traffic.
- Users are more likely to use their mobile & tablet than their computer earlier in the morning (before 9AM) and later in the evening (after 8PM for mobile / 10PM for tablet).
- Of more than 4,000 Internet-enabled mobile devices, only a few are really used to access online mobile sites and generate ad impression. Samsung Galaxy and iPhone ranges account for 60% of ad impression realized in mobile web.
- Android smartphones and tablets exceeded iOS last year in term of mobile ad impressions. These devices have gained 17 points in 2012 (vs 2011), while iOS has lost 5 points in 2012.
And here’s the infographic neatly summing it all up…