InMobi released the findings of its Mobile Media Consumption Report, revealing that mobile is not just a fundamental part of consumers’ communication needs, but increasingly the core platform through which they access the Internet and engage with brands online. Conducted over 15,000 mobile users in 14 markets across all continents, the study shows that 50% of the average global mobile web users now use mobile as either their primary or exclusive means of going online.
Mobile devices are steadily becoming a shopping tool, and are now used throughout the research and decision-making process of a purchase. In fact, 75% of respondents admitted they’d been introduced to something new via their mobile device, 67% feel that it had provided them with better options, 46% said they had made purchases using their mobile device, and 45% said it has influenced their in-store purchases.
This leads to conclusion that brands have remarkable opportunities to engage with consumers on a more personal level using mobile apps. The findings suggest that the average consumer actively uses 6.5 apps throughout a 30 day period.
Some other findings from the report include:
- 54% of respondents reported that they had noticed ads while engaged in an app.
- 80% were influenced by a mobile ad to download an app and 67% went on to visit a brand’s website immediately afterwards.
- 59% of mobile users are now as comfortable with mobile advertising as they are with TV or online advertising.
- Globally, 54% of users discover mobile ads via apps, 40% on a search engine, 27% on a retailer website and 23% on a video website.
- 66% have spent money on an activity via a mobile device, and 80% of consumers plan to conduct mobile commerce in the next 12 months, a 21% increase from where we are today.
And you can get the full report from InMobi’s website.
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon