The folks of Waypharer prepared a neat infographic to illustrate the long road modern smartphones has crossed from AT&T’s first mobile network established in 1946. to the latest smartphones like , and Samsung IV. Some of the more interesting dates include:
- 1994. IBM combines a cell phone and PDA to form the Simon Personal Communicator, which was sold for $1,099.
- 1999. The BlackBerry email device was launched
- 2000-2011. Symbian was the dominant platform.
- 2007. The iPhone was launched.
- 2008. Android saga begins.
- 2010. Windows Phone replaces Windows Mobile.
- 2012. Half a billion Android devices active all around the world.
- 2016. 1 billion smartphones bill be sold per year.
And there are many other details in the infographic. Check it out and let us know how you like it.
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon