While it likely won’t have you abandoning Plume, or one of the many other great third-party apps, Twitter has updated its Android application with a nice UI refresh.
The updated application now more closely resembles the Holo UI for Android, bringing an overall spit-shine that’s desperately been needed. Users have access to four tabs lining the top of the application for home, connect, discover, and me, all of which can be accessed by swiping across the screen.
Here’s a list of other tweaks found in the updates Android application:
- We’ve got a brand new look and feel crafted for Android 4.0+. Navigate seamlessly between your favorite parts of Twitter with a simple swipe.
- It’s easier to connect with friends and join conversations with @username and #hashtag suggestions that appear as you search or compose a Tweet
- Discover, install and launch your favorite apps from Tweets
- Other bug fixes and improvements
Twitter also updates the iOS application with a few minor but welcomed tweaks:
• Faster launch times and general performance upgrades
• “Retweeted by” in Tweet detail is now tappable
• Fix for reply-to-self in conversations
• Fix for bug that prevented undoing retweets in some cases
But that’s not all.
The Android, iOS, and mobile web applications for Twitter now support the cards feature, which most recently added in deep-linking, and new cards for apps, galleries, and products.
Even if you’re looking to stay with your current Twitter application, the official app is better than ever, so hit up the links below to discover what’s new!