Tomorrow is a big day for the HTC First Facebook phone, and it is now looking like an amazing day for Sprint customers as well. Thanks to an insider who spoke to PhoneArena, we now have word that Sprint will be expanding its LTE service to 21 cities tomorrow, including:
- California: Los Angeles, Contra Costa County
- Florida: Palm Bay, Port St. Lucie, West Palm Beach
- Indiana: Bloomington and Lafayette
- Illinois: Rochelle
- Minnesota: Mankato-North Mankato
- Missouri: Joplin
- North Carolina: Charlotte, Shelby, Albemarle, Sailsbury, Lincolnton
- Tennessee: Memphis, Greenville, Tullahoma
- Texas: Denison, Kerrville
- Virginia: Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News
If you reside in these areas and have a Sprint LTE capable handset such as the Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy S III or the LG Optimus G, or are planning on owning a HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4 when they are released, tomorrow will be a game changer for you. Expect to see download speeds of at least 6 to 8 Mbps, with speeds topping out at 25 Mbps.
Sprint has yet to officially announce this news, so there’s no telling at the moment if this rumor is a reality. But we can hope, right?