Sega‘s been giving Android users a lot of love lately, with lots of ports of great titles being released (just recently House of the Dead Overkill: The Lost Reels). Today Hell Yeah! Pocket Inferno (a mobile spin-0ff of Hell Yeah: Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, a popular XBLA and PSN platformer) was released for Android. Pocket Inferno will give Android users the opportunity to ” ride an awesome jetpack driller, avoid deadly obstacles, fire kick-ass weapons, exterminate ugly monsters, collect gold, level up, unlock collectibles and complete missions across the crazy worlds of Hell Yeah!” Who could resist?
Hell Yeah! Pocket Inferno features, from Google Play
• The simplicity of two button gameplay.
• 60 unique levels set in 6 different worlds.
• Avoid obstacles whilst thrusting through the game in the high-speed jetpack action.
• Break through walls and kill monsters using cool weapons including a machine gun and a rocket launcher.
• Defeat more than 30 monsters and collect their tokens
• Collect gold and unlock 50 new masks and jetpack skins!
• Find the Doom Token hidden within each level to unlock secret areas
• We’ll keep adding new content to Hell Yeah! Pocket Inferno. Stay tuned!
Judging from the screens and the description, this game should prove to be exceedingly quirky. It’s Play description also proclaims, “This is the perfect on-the-go companion for dressing up a psychotic rabbit!” The strange environments, cartoony characters, and comic violence of the Wrath of the Dead Rabbit appear intact here and humor runs through the whole game. Hell Yeah! Pocket Inferno is a heck of a deal at $0.99, and if Sega keeps releasing content it could have some serious longevity. It seems like it strikes the perfect balance of casual gaming, platforming and achievement unlocking for a mobile game. The wonderfully offbeat art style and humor also make this game look great!
[Via: Google Play]