Samsung added another tablet to its Android lineup today — the Galaxy Tab 3. The latest in the Galaxy Tab series is a mid-range offering with a 7-inch WSVGA display, a 1.2GHz dual-core processor and storage options of 8GB or 16GB with microSD expansion up to 64GB. On the back is a 3-megapixel main camera and on the front is a 1.3-megapixel camera for video calling. The hardware is powered by Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
The Galaxy Tab 3 will be available globally in WiFi-only and 3G configurations. The WiFi version will land in May, while the 3G version will debut in June . You can read more about the Galaxy Tab 3 in the press release below.
Samsung Unveils GALAXY Tab 3
April 29, 2013
SEOUL, Korea, April 29, 2013 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, today announced the introduction of the GALAXY Tab 3 – 7-inch tablet featuring sleek design and enhanced capabilities that bring capabilities that bring better performance and multimedia experiences to your fingertips.
With the new GALAXY Tab 3, Samsung has evolved its range of innovative tablets, making them smaller and easier to carry, while increasing the user experience overall
• Easy Handgrip and Portability: Its compact, one-hand grip form factor ensures users can hold comfortably for hours as well as store in a pocket or small bag for reading and entertainment on the go. The sleek and stylish design encompasses thinner bezel than the previous GALAXY Tab 2 (7.0).
• Better Multimedia Performance: Powered by a 1.2GHz Dual Core processor, the device allows for faster downloads and sharing, while providing easy access to videos, apps, games, and the web. Offered with either 8/16 of internal storage plus up to 64GB of expandable memory, the device has plenty of space to hold your favorite photos, music, apps, videos and more.
• Enhanced User Experience: The GALAXY Tab 3 7-inch is equipped to better capture life’s moments in stunning clarity and resolution with its 3-megapixel camera rear camera and 1.3 -megapixel front camera. Combined with the latest Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), it allows users to share photos, videos, and life’s special moments through a few quick taps and swipes.
The GALAXY Tab 3 7-inch WiFi version will be available globally beginning May and 3G version will follow in June. The product availability varies by market and will be rolled out gradually.
Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 7-inch Product Specifications:
- 3G : HSPA?21 / 5.76 Quad 850/900/1900/2100
- 2G : EDGE/GPRS Quad 850/900/1800/1900
1.2 GHz Dual Core processor
7 inch WSVGA(1024 x 600, 169 PPI) TFT
Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
Main(Rear): 3-megapixel cameraSub (Front): 1.3 -megapixel camera
Codec: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMVPlayback: 1080p Full HD @30fps
Codec: MP3, OGG, AC3, AAC, AAC?, eAAC?, WMA, WAV, FLAC
- Music Hub/ Game Hub/ Video Hub/ Learning Hub
Samsung Kies, Samsung Kies Air (Downloadable via Samsung Apps)
Samsung ChatON mobile communication service
Google Mobile Services: Google Search, Gmail, Google Play Store, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Maps (Turn-by-turn Navigation), Google Now
WiFi a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), WiFi Channel Bonding, WiFi DirectBluetooth® 3.0
A-GPS ? GLONASS
WiFi: Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Light
3G: Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Light, Proximity
8/16GB Internal Memory ? 1GB (RAM)
microSD slot (up to 64GB)
111.1 x 188.0 x 9.9mm
302g(Wi-Fi), 306g (3G)
Standard battery, Li-ion 4,000 mAh
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon