Today Google released version 4.4.0 of it’s Google+ app for iOS, which brings a slew of new features to the app. The update brings Google’s previously announced photo enhancing features, a standalone Hangouts app, and Google Offer posts.
Google’s photo enhancements automatically pick the best shots out of a user’s library, and enhance chosen pictures. The app can now also create an animated GIF out of similar pictures as well, adding a bit of fun to the usually daunting task of deciding which photos to share with others.
Google’s automated hashtag feature makes an appearance, which automatically tags posts based on their content, making it easier to search for related content. By tapping on a post with a desired hashtag, Google+ will automatically show related posts and streams.
Here’s what’s new in the update that rolled out today:
- New Google+ Photos features keep photos organized and looking their best
- Make your photos look even better with Auto Enhance
- Browse highlights from all your photos
- Share short animations, panoramas, and more
- Hangouts has moved to it’s own app for messaging and video calls
- Discover interesting content via related hashtags
- Ability to edit more profile fields and upload a cover photo
- New interactive Google Offer posts in the stream
- Control how often What’s Hot posts appear in your stream
- Support for displaying strikethrough text
- Ability to edit comments
- Ability to copy the post’s permalink
The update can be found now in the iTunes App Store.
[Via: The Next Web]