Social networking is booming among smartphone users. In fact, pretty much every smartphone user out there is using his/her device to stay in touch with friends on Facebook, Twitter and/or other social networks.
Viral Heat prepared a neat infographic to illustrate social on smartphones. Here are the highlights:
- 1 billion smartphones will be shipped this year
- Smartphone users check social media 20 times a day
- 4 out of 5 minutes on mobile devices is spent consuming media via mobile apps
- 80% of time spent on Facebook and 96.5% of time spent on Twitter via a mobile device was through an app
- 52% of mobile smartphone users visit social media from their phone every day
- Facebook is the #1 most downloaded free app in the Apple App Store
- Apple-made iPhone is the most purchased smartphone in the U.S.; Samsung holds the second spot
- Apple iPhone has 21,838 daily mentions on social media; Samsung Galaxy S4 has “just” 6,884 daily mentions
…and here’s the infographic with few additional details.