With more than 81 million mobile subscriptions in the UK, mobile communications have become a ubiquitous and vital part of everyday life. How many people have mobile phones, which networks are preferred and what might the future hold? The following infographic explores this – here are the highlights:
- 9 in 10 UK adults have a mobile phone, up from just 50% in 2000
- 39% of UK adults access Internet on their phones
- Mobile phones have outpaced landlines in call volume.
- If everyone switched networks, O2 would actually be the runaway winner, with 27% of people preferring them to everyone else.
- GiffGaff would also jump nearly 100% with their customer base, up from 5% of the current market to 9% in total.
- Unsurprisingly, price is the key differentiator, followed by good reception.
- 50% of respondents would switch if they were not tied to a contract.
- A majority (59%) think/know that iPhone unlocking isn’t illegal.
- It is expected that by 2017, 95% of the UK population is covered with LTE signal.
- More people access social networks on their smartphones (57%) than on their computers (50%).
And here’s the infographic titled “The Spectrum of Networks,” prepared by the good folks of MobileUnlocked, with few additional details.
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon