Those of you rocking the AT&T LTE-enabled Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 are in for quite a treat today, as the device has just received the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update and is now available to download.
While we likely don’t need to give you the rundown of what Android Jelly Bean brings to the tablet, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 owners can expect to see the following after updating their tablets:
OS upgrade to Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Customizable widgets
- Improved text input and spell-checking
- New dictionaries for better error correction and word suggestion
- Enhanced web browsing and personalization capability
- Improved email management
- New technology for better security options
- Google Now with enhanced voice activation
What to expect after the upgrade
- Bluetooth: Paired Bluetooth devices will be removed.
- Access Point Name (APN) reconfiguration: User created or custom APN’s will be erased, and has to be reconfigured after the update. For more information on custom APN’s, please contact your internal IT department.
- Home screens: The home screens will be reset to the ICS default view.
- Application Menu: The application menu sorting, folders and home keys will be reset. Downloaded applications will be preserved.
- Contact Groups: All Contacts and Contact groups will remain. However, contacts within the contact groups will be removed.
- Music: Music playlists and settings (Equalizer, Sound effects, Music menu) will be reset during the update.
The update is now available and you can get your update on through Samsung Kies!