Samsung will host a two-day event called Mobile App Academy to encourage STEM students to come up with a cool mobile app idea. The event will be hosted at six different locations for 11th and 12th grade students where they’ll get access to many app developers and entrepreneurs to learn about development on mobile.
To spice things up, Samsung is offering $20,000 for the best app concept, followed by $10,000 and $5,000 for second and third place winners. Those taking fourth and fifth position will have to settle with the Galaxy S4 unit, which also goes to the students behind first three app concepts.
Samsung Mobile App Academies are coming to the following locations:
- June 26-27: San Francisco, CA, University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley)
- July 10-11: Atlanta, GA, Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech)
- July 17-18: Chicago, IL, University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
- July 24-25: Boston, MA, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- July 30-31: Dallas, TX, University of Texas at Dallas (UT Dallas)
- August 7-8: New York City, NY, Polytechnic Institute of New York University (NYU Poly)
Additional details are available from a dedicated website…