Many Android users received an email today offering a free ebook on photography, available to download on Google Play. Also, Google Play has selected a suite of camera apps, “Apps for Shutterbugs“, that will help budding Android photogs get more out of their devices.
Android Photography: Take Better Pictures with Your Android Phone or Tablet, by Colby Brown is an introductory manual that aims to give Android phone users more tools to get the most out of their smartphone’s camera.
Smartphones are rapidly eclipsing cheap digital cameras as the go-to point and shoot option for most people. As the cameras in our devices improve, this trend can only improve. But many folks don’t realize how tweaking the settings in their devices can yield higher quality images, and aren’t familiar with concepts of composition that can take their smartphone shots to the next level.
Android Photography offers an introductory course in concepts of photography, specifically focusing on strategies tailored for Android devices. The ebook is free to download, but you will need to verify a Google Wallet account. Its Play store blurb touts some of the things you’ll learn:
- How to take a photo, including different grips for holding your phone
- How to use all the controls and modes of the Android camera
- Which third-party apps to use
- Different photography styles and techniques for shooting portraits, travel, low-light, and wildlife
- How to edit your photos with the stock Android app and third-party apps, including Snapseed
- How to share your images
- Some of the fun accessories available
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon