Firefly fans, rejoice! A new Firefly mobile RPG is coming to Android and iOS devices next year. Firefly Online will be put you in your own ship and let you command a crew in adventures through Firefly’s universe.
For folks who love Firefly’s single season, and the exploits of Malcolm Reynolds and crew, any new Firefly content is exciting news. Joss Whedon’s cult favorite has already generated the feature film, Serenity, several comics and a mountain of fan fiction. Now you can use your phone to play around in the show’s unique “space wild west” universe.
Watch out for reavers!
Firefly Online is a social role-playing game (RPG) based on Firefly, Joss Whedon’s cult-hit television series. Firefly Online (FFO) is currently in development for iOS and Android, and may expand to include additional platforms.
In Firefly Online, players assume the role of a ship captain as they hire a crew and seek out adventures, all the while trading with and competing against the millions of other players to try to survive in the Verse: find a crew, find a job, keep flying.
FFO provides a variety of gameplay activities and systems so that players can fully experience life in the Verse.
- Assume the role of a ship captain – create a crew and customize a ship
- Aim to misbehave in space and planet-side adventures
- Cross-platform player experience across devices (pick-up and play from anywhere)
- Unique social features connecting Firefly fans
- Create a shiny ship and explore the Verse