The NVIDIA Shield is the latest and greatest mobile gaming device around, and the guys over at iFixit just tore the handheld to shreds. Tastefully, of course. If you wanted to see all of the innards of the ultra powerful device, you now can!
Given how unique the Shield is, this gadget porn is just about as interesting as it gets. iFixit gives the NVIDIA Shield a 6 out of 10 when it comes to repairability, which isn’t too bad.
Here are a few more comments made about the Shield:
- Durable design will stand up to regular backpack-toting.
- Modular design means lower repair costs, because small parts can be replaced individually.
- The Shield is an all-new type of device, and it feels like there is a lot of room for improvement in repairability. For now, a complicated interior design makes repair and reassembly difficult.
- While the hinge seems sturdy, stubborn adhesive makes display repair risky, and involved disassembly makes removal difficult.
- The battery is not easily accessible, and will require some tricky disassembly to replace.
The NVIDIA Shield is a solid product and the build quality of the handheld is pretty phenomenal. We recently reviewed the device and walked away very impressed. Powered by NVIDIA’s Tegra 4 SoC, it’s easily one of the most powerful mobile devices you can find right now, and since it rocks a massive battery, you’ll be gaming for hours without needing to run for a charger.
If you want to see the step by step teardown, be sure to hit the link down below!
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon