If you’re looking for a cheap new fix in the Xbox Live Arcade, one dollar will buy you entry to a strange, strange world. Xbox Indie Games title, Mount Your Friends makes you the architect of a burgeoning pyramid of manliness. It’s one of the most hilarious things you’ll see all week and an expanded version is up to vote on for a Steam Greenlight.
Each appendage of the musclebound denizens of Mount Your Friends is mapped to one of the Xbox 360 controller’s face buttons. Controlling their climb is a complicated dance, keeping all of their limbs moving fluidly toward their destination. You’re egged on by the characters’ manly grunts of exertion and their constantly waggling junk.
Do yourself a favor and drop 80 Microsoft points on this beauty. It provides literal minutes of gameplay enjoyment along with hours of laughs. Check out the trailer below!
Experience the extreme simulated sporting sensation that’s sweeping our digital nation! Mount Your Friends is a fiercely competitive sporting event for you to play with your friends in the contextual security of your own couch, assuming that your couch is not composed of sexual innuendo. If it is, I would suggest buying a new couch or at least getting the current one cleaned professionally.
More specifically, Mount Your Friends is a physics based competitive climbing game where what you climb is each other. Each player takes a turn climbing to the top of a tower of previous climbers (and a goat) trying to make the new highest point before time runs out. If someone runs out of time before reaching the top, they’re eliminated. This is a game that is simple to get into, but the more you play it, the more nuanced your strategies become. Adept competitors can create massive towers by flinging themselves faster than simple climbing methods can attain. Of course, there’s also the humor of seeing your ragdoll climbers fall all the way down a tower!
This game is currently out on XBox Live Indie Games, but I’d like to expand it more for the Steam audience. I’m looking to add the following to the game for the Steam release if it gets through Greenlight.
- Climber customization – You want a team of green zombie climbers with red eyes and handlebar mustaches? Go ahead!
- Plot rich Single Player campaign – Learn how you became such a great climber, go to exotic locations, repair space stations!
- Simultaneous multiplayer modes – Pick up a sword and have a duel! Wrestle with other climbers in real time!
- Mouse and keyboard controls – Because most PC players don’t use an XBox controller!
- Dynamic day/night and weather conditions – Climb through the storm!
- Statue based high scores – Remember your best climbs with shiny, commemorative statues of your climber
Thanks for taking the time too look at and vote on Mount Your Friends for PC! Hope you enjoy the game!