We know that Nokia will soon launch Amber updates for the Lumia 820 and Lumia 920 smartphones. The good news is that you can already cram the new software to your Windows Phone, though it’s not as easy as it would be using the official Microsoft’s tool.
- Download and install latest version of Nokia Care suit.
- Download the driver from here.
- Put the downloaded files in this folder – C:\Program Data\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821. Create the folder, if it is not there.
- Go to File -> Open Product and select RM-821.
- Select Product Support Tool.
- From the Programming menu, select “Recovery” and flash your firmware from there.
And before you know it, your Nokia smartphone will be running the improved firmware.
We should also add that since this isn’t the official way to get the phone update, some things could go wrong and you may end-up with a bricked device. Moreover, once the “regular” updates start rolling, you may not be able to use them. We just had to add that here.
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon