The Nexus 5 is rumored to be upon us soon, and the rumors and leaks are popping up everywhere. Google’s latest Nexus device, made by LG, showed up today in a curious place indeed. The back of a device, resembling the Nexus 5 from previous leaks showed up today in the MacRumors forums!
Forum user weespeed posted the above picture earlier today, claiming it was the new LG Nexus 5. The user gave a few observations along with the photo:
Got to handle the Nexus 5. It is smaller than the G2.
Didn’t actually measure it, but holding it in the hand it is smaller.
It does feel good holding it. The black back cover feels like my Nexus 7.
The screen was ok, didn’t wow me like the Note 3.
The bezel is very small.
The phone certainly looks like the alleged Nexus 5 that we’ve been seeing over the past month or so. It’s shown up on Google’s campus, at a party and LG filed for a patent for a device that appears to be the same as well. It’s got a vertical “Nexus” logo like the Nexus 7 and a solid matte black finish.
Some impressive specs leaked this weekend too (that is, of course, if they’re real)!
- Display: 5-inch Full HD display, 442 ppi (potentially 4.97-inch)
- Processor: 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snadragon 800
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB (could be another model too, this is what was in the log)
- Camera (rear): 8MP (no idea if it has OIS like the LG G2 camera)
- Camera (front): 1.2MP
- Sensors: accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity, light, barometer, orientation
- Battery: 2300mAh (via FCC) and wireless charging
- Other: LTE, NFC
- Model: LG-D820
So is this the Nexus 5? It’s been rumored to release as early as October 5th, but there’s been no official word from Google or LG about the rumored new smart phone. What do you think?